The Powell River Kings have almost 100 former players currently plying their trade at the collegiate or pro levels. Every week we’ll take a look at some of the notable stories and trends from the previous set of games, highlighting former Powell River King players.
Full credit to Kings Arena DJ/Stats Man/Radio Colour Commentator Zach Evans for compiling these updates.
American Hockey League
• (Wednesday) Mat Bodie with an assist for the Syracuse Crunch in a 4-3 overtime win over the Toronto Marlies.
• (Wednesday) Brayden Low with an assist for the Quad City Mallards in a 5-2 loss to the Utah Grizzlies.
• (Wednesday) Matt Garbowsky with a goal for the Colorado Eagles in a 4-3 shootout win over Evan Richardson and the Tulsa Oilers.
• (Thursday) Kyle Chatham signs with the Reading Royals and makes his debut in a 4-3 overtime loss to the Orlando Solar Bears.
• Brayden Low a goal and assist for the Quad City Mallards in a 7-6 shootout win over the Utah Grizzlies.
• Matt Garbowsky with a goal and assist for the Colorado Eagles in a 4-1 win over Evan Richardson and the Tulsa Oilers.
• Jonah Imoo joins the Indy Fuel from the SPHL’s Evansville Thunderbolts.
Southern Professional Hockey League
• Carter Shinkaruk traded from the Huntsville Havoc to the Evansville Thunderbolts and makes his debut against the Peoria Rivermen.
• (Oberliga) Chad Niddery with a goal and 2 assists for the Hannover Scorpions in a 5-2 win over the Essen Mosquitoes.
• Brian Wilson stops 18/21 for Niagara in a 4-1 loss to American International College.
• Matt Joyaux with an assist for Ohio State in a 6-2 win over Michigan State.
• Adam Brubacher with a pair of goals for RIT in a 5-4 overtime win over Brett Magnus and Sacred Heart in Game 1 of the Atlantic Hockey first round series. Magnus stops 28/33 in the loss.
B.C. Intercollegiate Hockey League
• Curtis McCarrick with a goal and 3 assists, while former AP Gage Colpron tallied 3 goals and a assist in a 10-2 Vancouver Island University win over Eastern Washington University.
American Hockey League
• Mat Bodie with a goal and assist for the Syracuse Crunch in a 5-4 Overtime loss to the Laval Rocket.
Wait… how the?
— Kalamazoo Wings (@KalamazooWings) March 4, 2018
• Michael Garteig stops 23/27 for the Kalamazoo Wings in a 7-4 win over the Brampton Beast.
• Brayden Low with a goal for the Quad City Mallards in a 5-2 loss to the Cincinnati Cyclones.
• Evan Richardson with an assist for the Tulsa Oilers in a 5-3 win over Matt Garbowsky and the Colorado Eagles. Garbowsky tallied an assist for the Eagles in the loss.
• Brian Wilson stops 33/37 for Niagara in a 4-3 Double Overtime loss to American International College.
• Jarid Lukosevicius with a goal for Denver in a 3-3 tie of Miami University.
• Brett Magnus stops 46/49 for Sacred Heart in a 4-3 Triple-Overtime win over Adam Brubacher and RIT in Game 2 of the Atlantic Hockey first round series. Brubacher tallied an assist for the Tigers in the loss.
• Luke Nogard with an assist for Nebraska-Omaha in a 4-1 loss to Minnesota-Duluth.
• After a 3-2 win over York University, Braden Pears and Brock University claim the OUA-West title and a berth in the U-Sports National Championship.
• (EBEL) Aaron Brocklehurst with an assist for the Vienna Capitals in a 5-1 win over HC Innsbruck.
• Jacob Pritchard with the lone goal for St. Lawrence in a 2-1 loss to Dartmouth College.
• Brett Magnus and Sacred Heart eliminate Adam Brubacher and RIT after a 2-0 victory in Game 3 of their Atlantic Hockey first round series. Magnus stops 32/32 in the victory.