The Powell River Kings have almost 100 former players currently plying their trade at the collegiate or pro levels. Today, we look at some of the notable stories and trends from the previous set of games, highlighting former Powell River King players.
Full credit to Kings Radio Colour Commentator Zach Evans for compiling these updates.
National Hockey League
• (Tuesday) Daniel Carr scores his first goal with the Vegas Golden Knights in an 8-3 win over the Chicago Blackhawks.
• (Tuesday) Ryan Scarfo scores the lone goal, while also earning 3rd Star honours for the Brampton Beast in a 2-1 loss to the Worcester Railers.
• (Tuesday) Matt Joyaux scores his first professional goal for the Kalamazoo Wings in a 6-4 win over the Wheeling Nailers.
• (Wednesday) Luke Nogard scores for the Norfolk Admirals in a 3-1 win over Jon Jutzi and the Greenville Swamp Rabbits.
• (Wednesday) Jamie Phillips stops 25/26, while also earing 2nd Star honour in a 4-1 win for the Florida Everblades over the South Carolina Stingrays.
• (Friday) Jon Jutzi scores for the Greenville Swamp Rabbits in a 3-2 OT win over the Atlanta Gladiators.
• (Saturday) Michael Garteig stops 39/43 for the Newfoundland Growlers in a 7-4 win over Ryan Scarfo and the Brampton Beast.
• (Saturday) Jamie Phillips stops 29/31 in a 4-2 Everblades win over the South Carolina Stingrays.
• (Saturday) Luke Nogard scores his 6th of the season in a 6-5 OT loss for Norfolk against the Orlando Solar Bears.
Southern Professional Hockey League
• (Saturday) Braeden Ostepchuk stops 30/31, while earning 2nd Star honours in a 5-1 win for the Evansville Thunderbolts over the Quad City Storm.
• (Sunday/EIHL) Evan Richardson scores the lone goal for the Manchester Storm in a 4-1 loss to the Sheffield Steelers.
• (Sunday/EBEL) Matt Garbowsky records a goal and three assists for the Graz 99ers in a 6-0 win over Medveščak Zagreb.
• (Tuesday/EBEL) Matt Garbowsky assists on Graz’s lone goal in a 3-1 loss to Fehérvár AV19.
• (Tuesday/EBEL) Aaron Brocklehurst picks up an assist for EHC Linz in a 5-0 win over Villacher SV.
• (Friday/Oberliga) Chad Niddery picks up an assist for the Hannover Scorpions in a 5-4 loss to the Hamburg Crocodiles.
• (Saturday/EIHL) Tim Crowder records an assist for the Coventry Blaze in a 4-2 loss to the Dundee Stars.
• (Saturday/EIHL) Evan Richardson records a goal for the Manchester Storm in a 5-2 loss to the Milton Keynes Lightning.
• (Saturday/EIHL) Paul Crowder records a goal and assist for the Fife Flyers in a 8-3 loss to the Cardiff Devils.
• (Saturday/FFHG) Braden Pears records an assist for HC Cergy-Pontoise in a 5-4 shootout win over Marseille.
NCAA (Div. 1)
• (Friday/Big-10) Derian Hamilton records an assist for Penn State in a 3-3 tie against Wisconsin.
• (Friday/ECAC) Teddy McGeen picks up an assist for St. Lawrence in a 5-3 loss to Yale.
• (Friday/H-East) Jacob Pritchard scores the game-winner, while also adding an assist in a 7-4 UMass win over Carter Turnbull and UConn.
• (Friday/NCHC) Jeff Smith stops 29/33 for St. Cloud in a 4-4 tie against Miami.
• (Friday) Brian Wilson stops 18/21 for Niagara in a 3-2 loss to Northern Michigan.
• (Saturday/ECAC) Tristan Mullin scores the game winner, while also adding an assist for Cornell in a 2-1 win over Harvard. Cam Donaldson scored the other goal for the Big Red.
NCAA (Div. 3)
• (Sunday) Adam Tracey assists on Wentworth’s lone goal in a 1-1 tie against Colby College.
• (Saturday/CCC) Adam Tracey assists on Wentworth’s lone goal in a 4-1 loss to Curry College.
• (Saturday/SUNYAC) Liam Lawson scores for Plattsburgh in a 3-2 loss to Fredonia.
• (Friday) Nick Halagian picks up a pair of assists for the Waterloo Warriors in a 6-5 OT win over the York Lions.
• (Saturday) Luke McCaw scores for the Laurentian Voyageurs in a 5-2 loss to the UQTR Patriotes.