The Powell River Kings have almost 100 former players currently plying their trade at the collegiate or pro levels. Today, we look at some of the notable stories and trends from the previous set of games, highlighting former Powell River King players.
Full credit to Kings Radio Colour Commentator Zach Evans for compiling these updates.
National Hockey League
• (Friday) Daniel Carr is recalled by the Vegas Golden Knights and makes his debut against the Calgary Flames.
• (Monday) Kyle Chatham gets traded by the Wichita Thunder to the Atlanta Gladiators.
• (Wednesday) Jamie Phillips stops 31/33, while also earning second star honours for the Florida Everblades in a 4-2 win over Luke Nogard and the Norfolk Admirals. Nogard registered an assist for the Admirals in the loss.
• (Wednesday) Michael Garteig stops 21/23 for the Newfoundland Growlers in a 2-0 loss to the Jacksonville Icemen.
• (Friday) Michael Garteig stops 25 shots for his second shutout of the year, this time a 3-0 Newfoundland win over the Orlando Solar Bears.
• (Saturday) Michael Garteig stops 32/38 for the Growlers in a 6-5 OT loss to the Orlando Solar Bears.
• (Saturday) Brayden Low assists on the game-winner as the Reading Royals pick up a 2-1 win over the Adirondack Thunder.
• (Saturday) Jamie Phillips stops 27/32 in a 5-4 OT loss for the Everblades to Luke Nogard and Norfolk.
Southern Professional Hockey League
• (Friday) Braeden Ostepchuk stops 32/35 for the Evansville Thunderbolts in a 4-2 loss to the Peoria Rivermen.
• (Sunday/EIHL) Evan Richardson scores for the Manchester Storm in a 8-2 loss to the Guildford Flames.
• (Sunday/EBEL) Matt Garbowsky with an assist for the Graz 99ers in a 3-2 shootout loss to EC Salzburg.
• (Sunday/Oberliga) Chad Niddery records an assist on the game-winner for the Hannover Scorpions in a 3-2 victory over the Hannover Indians.
• (Wednesday/EIHL) Paul Crowder registers an assist for the Fife Flyers in a 3-2 loss to the Cardiff Devils.
• (Saturday/FFHG) Braden Pears picks up an assist for HC Cergy-Pontoise in a 7-1 win over Mont Blanc.
• (Saturday/KHL) Mat Bodie picks up an assist for Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod in a 5-3 win over Traktor Chelyabinsk.
NCAA (Div. 1)
• (Sunday/H-East) Jacob Pritchard records a goal and two assists for the UMass Minutemen in a 4-2 win over New Hampshire.
• (Friday/AHA) Kevin Obssuth scores for Canisius in a 3-3 tie against Sacred Heart.
• (Friday/AHA) Brian Wilson stops 27/28 for Niagara in a 3-1 win over Army West-Point.
• (Friday) Jonny Evans, Carter Turnbull and UConn drop a 3-2 decision to Boston Univ. in Belfast, Ireland as part of the Friendship Four.
• (Friday) Jarid Lukosevicius sets up the game-winner in a 3-1 Denver win over Providence.
• (Saturday/AHA) Brett Magnus stops 24/27 for Sacred Heart in a 3-2 loss to Kevin Obssuth and Canisius.
• (Saturday/AHA) Brian Wilson stops 29/34 for Niagara in a 5-1 loss to Army West-Point.
• (Saturday) Carter Turnbull picks up an assist for UConn in a 6-3 loss to Yale at the Friendship Four in Belfast.
• (Saturday) Adam Brubacher records a goal and assist for R.I.T. in a 4-3 loss to Northeastern.
• (Friday) Luke McCaw scores Laurentian’s lone goal in a 4-1 loss to McGill.
• (Friday) Jeremey Leipsic tallies a goal and assist for the Manitoba Bisons in a 6-3 loss to the Saskatchewan Huskies.