Check in and Registration:
- REGISTRATION: 11:30am – 1pm on Monday, August 12 in the upper level outside the Kings Office
- All day campers must take their equipment home every night.
- Orientation Meeting in Theatre at 1pm
- All dorming players will be provided dinner on Monday evening
- Camp starts Monday after Orientation. You will receive your schedule at check-in
Powell River Recreation Complex (Hap Parker Arena) Home of the Powell River Kings
5001 Joyce Avenue
Powell River, BC V8A 5R2
Check Out and Departure:
- Camp finishes by approximately 12:30pm on Friday
- On this final day players have one game.
- We welcome all family and friends to drop in at the rink at any time during camp.
- Players will depart immediately after their last event, so therefore overnight campers must have their dorm room packed, cleaned, and checked by a dorm captain before heading to their game.
- Players using our transportation service must be ready to leave for the airport/ferry with their suitcase and equipment packed in front of the Upstairs main doors of the multiplex by 1pm.
- All players on a meal plan can take a sandwich and fruit for the drive to their departure destination.
Players using our transportation service:
Please email Rick Hopper (email@example.com) for info on pick-up and drop-off options at both ferry terminals as well as the airport.
Must complete the Medical Info and Waiver attached to the Registration before paying.
What you need to bring:
Our participants are on the ice 2 times per day. In addition we have off-ice conditioning and skill development programs 2 times per day. Given the intensity of the camp and the frequency of the training you should bring plenty of quick drying under clothing so you can let one dry and wear the other.
To get the most out of your time at camp you MUST bring the following:
- Insurance: Present your provincial health card number at registration.
- Hockey Equipment
- All players must have a full cage.
- Neck guard
- No exceptions – players will not be allowed on the ice without the above appropriate equipment
- Water bottle (available for sale)
- Plain coloured hockey socks preferred: Dark/black
- Athletic shoes and several pairs of shorts and tee shirts for off-ice training
- Sleeping bag, mattress sheet, and pillow ( We supply cots)
- Powell River can get very hot in the summer – Light sleeping gear highly recommended
- 2 bath towels and personal toiletries
- Comfortable clothes and shoes for off-ice relaxation and sleeping
- Spending money for concession etc…
- Money for foot passenger ferry if you are using our transportation service
- Book, playing cards, etc.
Safety / Phones / Valuables:
- Laptops/tablets are not allowed
- Phones tolerated but we cannot take responsibility for players leaving their expensive phones lying around, unsupervised. Cell phone use late at night can be an issue at camp. Please have the conversation with your kids about sleep, appropriate behavior, etc. (We will too, but we need your help)
- We provide a “Safe” service whereby players can leave cash/wallet/phone with us and receive distribution when they need it.
- We keep the “Safe” locked in a secure location.