Powell River Kings Hockey Club Society
Game day/night 50/50 house rules for the 2023-24 season
September 22/2023 to May 31, 2024 BC Gaming Event Licence #143966
1. The 50/50 raffle prize is 50% of the total proceeds from ticket sales.
2. For this licence period there are 6,000 tickets (2000 packs) at 3 for $5, 42,000 tickets (3500 packs) at 12 for $10, 150,000 (5,000 packs) at 30 for $20 and 60,000 tickets (600 packs) at 100 for $50. Actual odds of winning depend on the number of tickets sold for each game.
3. Must be 19 and over to purchase a 50/50 ticket. Ticket buyers receive a printed receipt listing all of the computerized numbers purchased. There is one draw for each game day raffle
4. Ticket purchaser must be physically in the province of British Columbia when placing an order online. Non-residents cannot purchase tickets by phone, fax or mail but are allowed to purchase tickets when physically attending the event. (game)
5. Ticket sales for game days will start at 9:00 AM on line and in-person sales start one hour prior to game start time. All sales close at the end of the 2nd. Period intermission of every game and the draw will take place at the beginning of the third period. If the winner is not identified within the first 10 minutes of the first draw there will be one more draw before the end of the game. On line
winners will be notified by phone.
6. All draws are held at Hap Parker Arena, 5001 Joyce Avenue, Powell River BC. V8A 5R2
7. Unclaimed prizes will be awarded at another home game, within this licensing period, after seeking approval from Gaming Policy Enforcement Branch (GPEB) and shall be considered a Bonus Draw.
8. The winning number is selected by using a computer software that utilizes an electronic raffle system (RNG) GPEB certified software Random Number Generator. Ties will not be possible with the use of the RNG or other ways to mitigate this.
9. Winning number is posted on TV monitors, the large led screen and announced at approximately at the 5-minute mark of 3rd period. It will also be posted on the Kings website. In case of a discrepancy between the announced number and the actual number – the actual number will be considered the valid winning ticket number.
10. If there is a 50/50 equipment problem that causes a delay or prevents the draw from occurring before the end of the game, an announcement will be made mentioning that the draw will take place as soon as the problem has been rectified and the winning number will post on the PR King’s website, www.powellriverkings.com , social media, local radio etc. In this particular instance, the
winner will have 10 days to claim the prize by calling the kings office at 604-485-7550, or email DOP@powellriverkings.com. There will be no refunds issued. If the winner is not identified within this 10-day period the unclaimed prize from this raffle will be paid in accordance to rule # 7 above.
11. In house prize can be claimed at the upper foyer at the King’s 5050 booth.
12. Winner consent to the release of their names by the licence and sign a winner’s declaration and release form. This form must be executed and returned before any prize money is paid.
13. Prize will be paid to the winner by check. If the winning ticket is claimed by a minor, the prize will be lawfully delivered to the minor’s parents, legal guardian or trustee.
14. In the event that the electronic raffle system does not function properly prior to selling any tickets, Powell River Kings hockey club society will revert to selling commercial printed 50/50 paper tickets at the same price 3 for $5, 12 for $10, 30 for $20 and 100 for $50. Online ticket sales will not be available for this particular game.
15. Tax information: prizes from raffles are awarded tax free in Canada. The price of tickets is not deductible for charity donation for tax purpose in Canada.
16. Any questions, concerns or complaints may be directed to DOP@powellriverkings.com or call 604-485-7550. Any concerns or disputes shall be settled by two directors of the society based on these house rules and the licenced charitable gaming rules of BC Gaming and Enforcement Branch. Any discrepancy between house rules and the licenced charitable gamin rules, the Licenced Charitable Gaming Rules shall prevail. The liability of the Powell River Kings Hockey Club Society is limited to the ticket price paid.
Know your limit, play within it must 19+ to play
Licensee; Powell River kings hockey Club Society, PO box 342, Powell River. BC V8A 5C2.
Problem Gambling Help Line 1-888-795-6111